Sad Reminders

An Unofficial Mark Kozelek Site

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is now READ ONLY. The new forum is here. Read why we have a new forum here.

#1 09-11-2012 2:13pm

lance

How is the extra disc of Among the leaves?

I ordered Among the leaves, but they sent the single disc version(ACTUALLY, I HAVEN'T OPENED IT, IT LOOKS LIKE THERE COULD POSSIBLY BE ANOTHER DISC UNDER THE FRONT COVER. CAN YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ONE AND TWO DISC WITHOUT OPENING IT)?. I haven't opened it in hopes Caldo Verde would answer my email and send me the 2 disc version. I haven't heard Among the Leaves yet(because I didn't open it yet), I was wondering if I should open it and say screw it, or send it back and get the 2 disc version? Or if I should open it and not care about the 2 disc version. Any thoughts? Is Among the leaves any good? The extra disc worth having? I've liked everything Kozelek has done, though Admiral for me was not as amazing as the other stuff....

Last edited by lance (09-11-2012 3:10pm)

#2 09-19-2012 5:04pm

Cire79

Re: How is the extra disc of Among the leaves?

It's hard to say.  I would definitely want it in my collection if I didn't have it already, but the bonus disc is not really essential for the average Kozelek fan.  I really enjoyed the two alternate studio tracks on it (but neither are better than the album versions), and the 3 live tracks are okay but they're nothing to go crazy over.  The 2CD version does come with complete lyrics to all the songs, but I'm not sure if the single disc does.  Maybe someone else here knows the answer to that?

Copies of the 2CD version are still available on Ebay if you want one.

#3 09-22-2012 2:27pm

lance

It does some with the lyrics. I opened it and just said F it. I'll probably buy the double disc, unless someone on this forum is nice enough to burn me a copy of it smile

#4 09-23-2012 12:37am

Charles
Website

I would pass on it unless you are a completist.

I hate to see you look that way
All the beauty has left your face
That's such an easy thing to give away
That's impossible to replace -American Music Club

#5 09-23-2012 7:35am

ZoomBackCamera

I burned the second disc and can send you the ZIP if you like, but I can't seem to figure out where the PM function is...

#6 09-23-2012 12:25pm

JRS

Uh oh someone mentioned the PM function.

You're brave :0)

#7 09-23-2012 2:02pm

lament
Site Owner
Website

ZoomBackCamera wrote:

I burned the second disc and can send you the ZIP if you like, but I can't seem to figure out where the PM function is...

Look under each person's username for the email link. smile

New forum will have a proper PM system.

#8 09-23-2012 5:51pm

ZoomBackCamera

It's entirely possible that I'm an idiot, but I can't seem to find any email link. Here's what it looks like from my side of things: http://imgur.com/a/Ld5wJ

*shrug*

At any rate, I'm still happy to pass the second disc along to you, lance. Email me at colin[dot]bernatzky[at]gmail[dot]com.

#9 10-09-2012 12:30am

lament
Site Owner
Website

ZoomBackCamera wrote:

It's entirely possible that I'm an idiot, but I can't seem to find any email link. Here's what it looks like from my side of things: http://imgur.com/a/Ld5wJ

*shrug*

At any rate, I'm still happy to pass the second disc along to you, lance. Email me at colin[dot]bernatzky[at]gmail[dot]com.

Do you see one now?

Board footer