Kozelek/Boyes/White II

Just got in from seeing MK in Berlin. He said he, Jim White and Ben Boyes are recording a new collaboration in Feb, at the Goo Goo Doll's studio in Buffalo (they gave him a good rate). They might call it 'II'.

He also let us know how much he's not a fan of The Robin Williams Tunnel, which a couple of people requested. He joked that he'd fall asleep if he tried to sing it, then added that he thinks he fell asleep halfway through recording it. Then he said "If you ever have insomnia listen to The Robin Williams Tunnel." Finally he asked Ben if he could even remember how it went. Ben tried to recall but couldn't get it.

I really love The Robin Williams Tunnel. It might even be my favourite ever Koz song. I found all this funny, but also deeply distressing.

Comments

• He also expressed that they were really satisfied with the first album and he was especially proud of it. I Am remembering that right or not?^^

• WDSWDS

Yes! I'm glad they feel that way but Los Margaritos seemed an odd choice to play.

Was he stoned last night? The frequent insane giggling fits started to get weird towards the end

• Yeah, I would've preferred some others from that album to that, too.

That was very amusing. He seemed to have fun, plus maybe as he'd put it "high on sleep deprivation".

Hey he needs to come up with some new ‘humour’ as I asked him over a decade ago at a gig what the next album might be called & he said ‘Tiny Cities 2’

What was the set list like? Had tickets for Warsaw last night but he canceled without explanation.

• setlist.fm has it as:

I Cried During Wall Street
    Los Margaritos
    This Is My Dinner
    1983 MTV Era Music is the Soundtrack of Outcasts Being Bullied by Jocks
    The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)
    Dogs
    666 Post
    The Mark Kozelek Museum
    My Love for You is Undying
    White Christmas
    I'm Not Laughing At You

I Can't Live Without My Mother's Love

• WDSWDS

Stoned? Or high on jet lag?

• edited November 21 Posts: 412

I was stoned and to me he didn't seem stoned. But then again I was stoned...^^

He frequently says he doesn’t do drugs.

• @KozFan said:

• WDSWDS

@gustavostillsnash said:

@KozFan said:

This is hilarious

• @WDS said:

@gustavostillsnash said:

@KozFan said:

This is hilarious

Agreed.

• edited December 4 Posts: 3

As I stated in the Kozelek/McCaslin/White thread, I really loved the first Kozelek/Boye/White album, so I am really looking forward to this one.