Mark Kozelek with Donny McCaslin and Jim White

JRSJRS
edited August 27 in Mark Kozelek

New Release: Mark Kozelek with Donny McCaslin and Jim White

Release date March 2, 2019
(Caldo Verde Records)

Recorded at Hyde Street Studios, San Francisco, February 2018 through August 2018

Track list:
1. Coyote
2. Day In America
3. L-48
4. Couch Potato
5. Cows
6. I'm Not Laughing At You
7. Bay of Kotor

The front cover has a photo of a cat. This info taken from sunkilmoon.com

Comments

• JRSJRS

Donny McCaslin in action;

Hmmmm jazz. Nice.

• WDSWDS

Excited about this one. I loved last year's Jim White collaboration. Sad it's only 7 tracks though. I know they'll be long tracks but God knows any new Kozelek release comes loaded with a few unredeemable stinkers packed into it that need flushing

BAY OF KOTOR!!!!!!!!!! SO EXCIted that this one gets a studio release. Praise be to God. This will be a fantastic album, I write it in my calendar already with a big smile. We are lucky.

is this new? feel there was an album announced a while ago with day in america when in what released

@g0019 said:
    is this new? feel there was an album announced a while ago with day in america when in what released

It was -- this just comes with the tracklist, album artwork, release date.

I wish it was Jim White of Searching For The Wrong-eyed Jesus fame
    Now there’s a man who can tell a story & who played Upstairs in Whelans Dublin last night

• @MrHanky said:
    I wish it was Jim White of Searching For The Wrong-eyed Jesus fame
    Now there’s a man who can tell a story & who played Upstairs in Whelans Dublin last night

What a great album that is!

I wish it was Jim White of Sky Sports News fame

The Opener has been released on Spotify today.

• Mark Kozelek broughout Donny at his show in Brooklyn on Friday. They played a track off of this album. It was phenomenal, really excited for this project.

the day before Marks plays Amsterdam Donny is having a show in Amsterdam as well.

• WDSWDS

@SuitedUPmon said:
    Mark Kozelek broughout Donny at his show in Brooklyn on Friday. They played a track off of this album. It was phenomenal, really excited for this project.

I am too - it took me a while to realise it but his last as a 3 piece was sensational (at least to me). I think this has the potential to be as good (even better? we can pray...).