New Release: Sun Kil Moon with Magik*Magik Orchestra Live In Chicago

http://www.sunkilmoon.com/index.html

November 1, 2017

New Release: Sun Kil Moon with Magik*Magik Orchestra Live In Chicago

LIMITED EDITION CD available FREE with all purchases at www.caldoverderecords.com beginning January 15,2018.

NOTE: Mark Kozelek Night Talks EP with be OUT OF PRINT on January 15, 2018

Track List:
Somehow the Wonder of Life Prevails
You Are Me and I Am You
Astronomy
Here Comes My Girl
The Black Butterfly
Chili Lemon Peanuts
Needles Disney
Window Sash Weights
Exodus
I Can't Live Without My Mother's Love

Comments

• So there has to be a new regular release coming up, too. Makes no sense otherwise.

• looks like the first live release after Mark Kozelek ‎– The Kids (Live In London)?
    What do you think? First live ever with band too

It was a good show.

I assume the other songs were omitted because they wouldn’t fit on a single CD.

• saw him play with magik magik in san francisco and it was really good. now that's a release I'm really looking forward to again.

• oh cool, I got my wish

• maybe it will come together with a new lp

• JRSJRS

This comes out soon will be interested to hear what people think... not sure how I’m going to get hold of a copy yet but would happily buy one on its own...

looks like it has been postponed..january 15 is coming and night talks ep still there :-)

• @JRS said:
    This comes out soon will be interested to hear what people think... not sure how I’m going to get hold of a copy yet but would happily buy one on its own...

I'm keen to get one as well, and am not really fussed about getting it as a freebie if not necessary. I wonder if it will appear on places like Amazon as soon as it comes out? That would be handy, as I've got vouchers there which need spending!

@pigmento - why do you assume the live album has been postponed? I thought the site said Night Talks would stop on the 15th.

I really can't wait. That version of Somehow The Wonder Of Life Prevails Victor put on YouTube is absolutely amazing, but I've been listening to it far too much. Roll on the real thing!

@mojofilters said:

@pigmento - why do you assume the live album has been postponed? I thought the site said Night Talks would stop on the 15th.

Because I can't see any sign of it on Caldo Verde website. Can't wait too

This is a really absurd timing for a freebie. I already have all the discs from CV that I'd like to have, and I won't buy a second copy of something just to get this live disc. So I guess I'll just wait for the next proper SKM release in summer.

strange timing true...we will see

• JRSJRS

Unless of course he has it for sale on a merch stall at one of his shows....

• edited January 15 Posts: 70

it was true! from today every item bought on caldoverde will get free Sun Kil Moon with Magik*Magik Orchestra Live In Chicago cd!

• edited January 15 Posts: 3

Can I ask how this works? I want to buy the Boye-White LP to get the free live LP. So if I buy that via iTunes in the UK will it also download the live LP?

unfortunately as written on caldo verde the offer does not apply to digital download purchases. So if you buy the boye white album on itunes you won't get that live lp. Only if you get the boye white cd (vinyl maybe will come up this year)

• edited January 15 Posts: 3

Thanks. They really ought to make things clear.

The site does need updating, as the homepage has 'Upcoming Releases' from over two years ago and the 'Releases' page doesn't have the Boye-White LP at all, though it is in 'Merchandise'. Anyway, looks like I'll have to forego the live LP as it costs nearly £22 to get the K-B-W CD here, while via iTunes it's under £8.

• JRSJRS
    edited January 15 Posts: 541

Hi @AnotherDave - yep unfortunately the Caldo Verde website has never been the cheapest for us Brits due to the cost of shipping (weirdly I’ve never been stung for import tax?) However it has been the worth paying the extra for limited stuff i.e. vinyl but again nothing special has been released lately. I’m sure a few copies of the new live CD will pitch up on eBay; if I get any spare copies I’ll pass them on to anyone on here for the cost of postage (as I have done in the past :smile: )

• That's very kind of you JRS. It's unlikely many of us over here will get to hear the live LP otherwise.

Not that I’m suggesting this ahem but someone could upload it somewhere accessible.

• I must admit I ordered Mark Kozelek with Ben Boye & Jim White without actually having listened that much to it with the exception of a few songs, just so I could get this. @KozFan if nobody does that before it arrives here in Germany I might just think of ahem something

@DonaldDuckKooKim said:
    I must admit I ordered Mark Kozelek with Ben Boye & Jim White without actually having listened that much to it with the exception of a few songs, just so I could get this. @KozFan if nobody does that before it arrives here in Germany I might just think of ahem something

Can it be a nice public ahem? Can't bear to miss this.

• Ahem...I suppose. If nobody beats me to it. Got the notification that it was sent on its way yesterday. So, I'll let you know when it arrives.

@DonaldDuckKooKim said:
    I must admit I ordered Mark Kozelek with Ben Boye & Jim White without actually having listened that much to it with the exception of a few songs, just so I could get this. @KozFan if nobody does that before it arrives here in Germany I might just think of ahem something

think I will do the same...ordering Mk with Ben Boye & Jim White which I still have not in my music collection to get the live cd

Will it be available on spotify/tidal soon ?

@tyciu said:
    Will it be available on spotify/tidal soon ?

It's possible. There's quite a few freebies on Spotify.

I bought an item from Caldo Verde to get it...even if it will take a month to reach my home and it will cost a lot of shipping...could not wait any ebay seller (ebay items are often much expensive)

I ordered the Advance Base EP since I already have everything else. Was only $10 with shipping and shipped today.

• I've tried ordering loads of different things from CV, but even after I've had the site recalculate my UK shipping - there's no live CD included!

Am I doing something wrong?

It's especially annoying, as I already have all the CDs I'm attempting to buy...